Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Drago Bentley: Space Detective novel update

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to my Drago Bentley: Space Detective fans. It’s been a momentous year starting with the completion of chapter 8 (which is the end of the story), printing of the book, travel to the US to promote it and adaptation of a script that was sent to 12 or so agents and producers. We now have a presence in the USA with RedStylo representing and promoting Drago Bentley at comicons and such.

If you’ve been reading my sporadic blogs on the website [http://dragobentleycomic.canberrafilms.com], you would be aware that, concurrent with development of Drago Bentley, I am working on an Australian Western with the working title Jandamarra. A week ago I was happy to hear from Screen ACT that my application for funding to script develop my early draft of the script was successful. I hope this will be a journey as successful as Drago Bentley.

That is not to say that I won’t be promoting Drago Bentley. In 2014, I intend to attend at least 4 comicons on the east coast of Australia and to approach more agents and producers with the script adaptation. Together with RedStylo’s efforts to sell the graphic novel in the USA, we will continue to lift the profile for the project. In addition, I intend to continue to animate the six remaining chapters that aren’t already animated until I finally have a finished feature-length animation with actors’ voices, sound effects etc. It will be a labour of love, to be sure. I’ll try to finish that by 2015 – takes a while to do animate a chapter, especially when you don’t know the first thing about After Effects, so must teach yourself from the ground up. I look forward to the challenge.

Well, that’s all there is to say right now except to again say Happy Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment